The Castanets click
in the background
as the Flamenco Dancer’s
Heels and toes accompany the sound
Of the floor below, responding
In reverberations,
Proclamations,
Adorations,
Reclamations
My dearest friend has just
Passed away and I am trying to
Bring back his life, from the Inside
To my eyes, from the Inside
To my mind and
Fill in the blank spots
of so many memories
Although I know his hands still grasp
My tears.
We made a movie together
it is 25 years long,
perhaps too much for a modern Audience
to sit through
without an intermission….
Castanets and Clarinets
Birth Stones
Burning Flamenco flora
Clamorous clapping,
Staccato tapping &
Rapping
only a moment ago
he was here.
I was out of the room when he took
His last Breath,
but not out of range
of his
Thunderous charge into the Afterlife,
Ridden on the road of my heart;
Victorious.
(c) 2010 Barry Ira Geller; Oct. 7, 2010
Saturday, October 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment